Monday, February 26, 2007

I survived!

This weekend was the girls birthday party. They were born 7 days apart in January. Between end of the semester and Christmas, I'm just not ready for a party in January, so we usually wait until Feburary for their party.

This year, the kids had a car party. I made their invitations - printing them on the magnet paper for the ink jet (post card sized).

They had a sledding party at our house (we have a great sledding hill in our back yard.)

I made the girls cake. I found the directions on the internet.


I also bought some CARS fabric and made goodie bags. I hate getting junk in gift bags, so I did matchbox race cars, some play dough, and CARS fruit snacks.

The kids also made a foam door hanger with their name (put letters in a plastic bag for them in advance) and other things to decorate them with. Those also went in the gift bag.

Then we played a "Pin the smile on Lightning McQueen".

Considering that this was a party for 4 y.o. and 7 y.o. - I think I did pretty well. Thank goodness I only have to do one party a year!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Holy cow that cake is A-MAZING!! Bet it was yummy too! And the invites on magnet paper? Too cute. Happy birthday to the girls!

Unknown said...

I think that it's amazing you were able to pull off one birthday party that was appropriate for those two ages. That's a big developmental/interest difference! Kudos to you and your cute cake!

Fantastagirl said...

Cake looks fantastic!!!