Thursday, February 22, 2007

The way it works!

Yesterday, Sarah was really sick - the lay on the couch miserable sick. There is strep and influenza A going around town, so I took her to the Doctor as she complained of a sore throat and a really bad tummy ache. Normally I would have given it time, but between the birthday party and the curl on the ball because my tummy hurts had me concerned. Plus, the tamiflu needs to be given pretty early if it was the flu.

So, she laid on the couch miserable and I called the Dr.

Well, she has a virus - needs to run its course, etc.

Saturday is the girls birthday parties (we have them together). Today, I'm suppose to volunteer at Girl Scouts. I'm really hoping everyone is well.

Today, thankfully, Sarah is antsy and active. So, I'll give her a little longer to hang out at home and will probably take her in just before my 11:00 meeting.

It's a struggle, she still has a little bit of a low grade fever (normal w/ Motrin), but her cough isn't as bad, she feels good, her throat doesn't really hurt anymore. But, is she sick enough to avoid her friends?

I hate being mom!

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

ah the guessing game, is she or isn't she... I usually give Tink a dose of Motrin and send her to daycare...and then wait for the call to come get her...

Hope she is back up to full speed soon!