Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday Six - Ground Hog's Day

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6) and Sydney (SK - age 3) the questions.


This week's questions for SUNDAY SIX! The theme this week - Ground Hog's Day!


1. What is a ground hog?

SK: I don't know.

SB: A kind of animal.

2. Where do they live?

SK: In a tree.

SB: In a hole.

SK: But in my weekly reader, the groundhog sleeps in a tree.

SB: That's weird. Weekly readers are suppose to be real.

3. What happens on Ground Hog's Day?

SK: The ground hogs come out of their hole.

SB: The ground hog comes out.

4. How does the Ground hog know how to predict the weather?

SK: I don't know.

SB: Because he sees his shadow or not.

5. Have you ever seen a Ground Hog?

SK: No.

SB: I have on a piece of paper.

SK: But I saw a groundhog in my Weekly Reader.

6. How do we celebrate Ground Hog day?

SK: I don't know.

SB: We see if the ground hog sees his shadow or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And, I can tell you how I celebrate Groundhog's day - I'm typically panicing because I've just realized that my dad's birthday is the next day and I still haven't decided what to buy him!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



We entered the deep freeze portion of the winter at our house. When I woke up today it was between -5 and -10 at my house. Not sure the official temperature. I really don't want to go to church today. I know that DH isn't looking forward to clearing snow. Chili is definately on the menu tonight. We also have ice skating tonight.


Here is a picture of our front yard as I walked outside to get the mail yesterday.




And bonus pictures of the girls sledding when it was still 5 degrees above zero.

4 comments:

Kami said...

HOLY CRAP! So, did you see MY snow? DIDYA? Huh? HUH?

;)

I love the Weekly Reader converstaion. Too funny.

Danielle said...

Yikes!! Now THAT is cold!

Fantastagirl said...

Great answers - that weekly reader should be correct! too cute.

Love the snow pictures - the girls look like they are having so much fun!

Kelly said...

I'm not sure sledding would be that much fun in that cold! Yeow!

Great answers as always - Happy Birthday to your Daddy!