Friday, February 16, 2007

SPF - Free

For this weeks SPF, Kristine would like us to express "FREE"

Earlier this week I took this picture of one of the snow statues on campus.



To me, it says we are free of dark skys for a least a few minutes. That we get to see the sun shine.
What does this picture say to you?
~OoO~
As an update to my last post - DH sent an email to our Marketing and Communications group. They responded with the same information I was givin last year - that they highlight the statues that people want to see, i.e., the fraternity winners.
When he called the next day to discuss it, they told him that they thought more about his email and have decided to highlight the winners in all four divisions next year (oh, it also helped that the person he spoke with advised a first year group who expressed their displeasure with not receiving the same level of press as the fraternities.
Now, on to the prizes.
I did speak with one of the women we know who is in a sorority. I asked if the disparity in prizes bothered her. She admitted it did a little. She went on to say that she could understand because it was the fraternities who brought in the visitors. I asked her if women's basketball should be given less just because their gate draw is lower. She thought about it for a half a second and admitted that she had never thought about it that way - but no. After all, they invest the same amount.
I'm hoping she takes that thought back to her sorority.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful photo! Love it! I don't have words for it - sorry! ;)

Fantastagirl said...

Great photo!