Thursday, October 04, 2007

Finally a minute. . .

One day, I got an email from my friend Kelly telling me that Fantasta Girl gave me an award. I would have completely missed it had I not received that email since I had a rough few days and haven't visited my friends in a few days.

Fantasta Girl- at The Adventures of Fantasta Girl - gave me the "You Make Me Smile Award"

It's a little intimidating when a super hero tells you that you make a difference in her life. I have no idea how I found your blog, probably through one of my heroes - Kelly. But, I'm so glad I did. According to Fantasta, this is what the person who created this award says about it- the thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell, and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement. Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose ten bloggers: Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you. So, now it is my turn to pass it on.

Now I have to choose my ten.... (I know some of them have already received it - so they don't have to do the meme, but they do make me smile!)

Of my ten, some will be from the LJ community I read also. I will list them here, but not link because most of them are friend locked and I find it very frustrating to find a new blog only to discover I can't read it.

So, in alphabetical order:
* 6 year med - She is one of my two favorite med students.
* Can Only Imagine - No matter what life has thrown at her, she has faced it with grace (and she's going home for Christmas!)
* From the Runway to Diapers - Just plain fun to read.
* It's Just the Coffee Talking - One to three times a day, Meritt keeps me awake with coffee and chat.
* Melinda's Blog - She's currently facing cancer with humor.
* Missing JT Snow - A friend by chance, and seven years later I'm still grateful.
* Planet Jules - The most amazing friend anyone will ever meet.
* The Scrapping Librarian - Her creativity astounds

And from LJ:
Dr. Poultry - who has enriched my life beyond belief
Sneaky Rhea - my other favorite med student

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I'm so touched!

Fantastagirl said...

I'm sorry I kinda did that wrong, because I was supposed to tell you that I gave it to you...sorry. But sometimes superheros have bad memories...

Danielle said...

Thank you! :)

I am really curious to read Sneaky Rhea now though. There aren't that many med student bloggers. Why is it locked?

Kelly said...

Has it really been 7 years? Wow!

Oh yes, THANKS!