Saturday, October 27, 2007

FINALLY

I finally made it to the post office. Getting to the post office wasn't the hard part, it was getting everything that needed to go into boxes, addressed, marked, processed, etc

One box only got as far as everything that needed to be in it, but I left the address at home and didn't have my cell phone. I might have asked to use the phone at the post office (small town and such) but there was a line of 5 people behind me.

So, into the mail went:

1 overdue birthday present
3 packages of clothes that needed to be returned over the past year or so
1 package of Sarah hair to Locks of Love (been in the car since the last week of Aug)

remaining - 1 overdue birthday presents to my nephews (2 boys).

The other day, we discovered that they actually do notice if we send something as there was a box on their doorstep when they got home the other day an my now 10 y.o. nephew said "hey, that must be the box from our state. It does make me feel good that even kids I see about every other year really do feel a connection to us. We don't talk on the phone as they hate it, so my sister has done a great job of keeping us connected on their end (just as I have here).

Need to go, I have to iron on rhinestones on canvas tennis shoes for a birthday present for today's party (Sarah decorated white shoes with fabric marker for her friend's b-day. I'll post pics later.)

No comments: