Sunday, October 21, 2007

The week in review

I seem to be on brain overload. When I get this way, I can't seem to function as I don't know which way to turn. So, I'm going to try emptying my brain some.

I'm working so very hard to both get the house organized and decorated. I managed to finally get the decorations on the mantle. I'm also clearing out the hutch in the sewing room dinning room so I can keep my projects out of the middle of the dining room. I also want to clean out the basement. I think I might be getting a little to ambitious??

Friday night, I was a bit tired, but had an opportunity to go to a photo organizing night. I had a huge number of photos sitting around, 2 almost full Creative Memories Powersort boxes, and a bin of unsorted junk. So, I decided that rather than sleep, I'd go organize. I now have 3 Powersort boxes. Bless my friend/consultant's heart who decided that someone would probably need a new powersort and had one on hand!

Sat was a bit busy, I was tired, but the grocery list was made, shopping done, and the girls and I made empanadas. I used Paula Deen's recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_34307,00.html

This morning, I woke up to this:


The puppies are the principals. Tigger and Lambie are the "bad kids."

Then, Sarah decorated the shoes for her Halloween costume.

She's going to be a singer. The dashed lines are decorative stitching.
The shoes were her own design and compliment her shirt.

I have papers to read (I love the topic they wrote on), an exchange piece to write (I finally decided to start with drabbles since the story wants nothing to do with me) and a chapter for my story that my muse did arrive for but I keep putting off until the exchange piece is written.

Maybe I'll just go to bed and start over tomorrow (with the bills, packages to the post office, class prep, work, . . . )

No comments: