Monday, October 29, 2007

Pumkins and growing up

Last night, I managed to think that I should empty the pumpkin to make the process of carving them easier for the girls. They had to be carved tonight since I have class tomorrow night and TorT is Wed.

So, tonight the girls and I carved their pumpkins. Last night, I managed to think that I should empty the pumpkin to make the process of carving them easier for the girls. They had to be carved tonight since I have class tomorrow night and TorT is Wed.

While I cooked dinner, they drew pictures of their plan so they were ready when it was time. After dinner, they drew their faces on the pumpkins and we began to carve them.

Sarah did most of her by herself. I drew the first eye to give the scale she would want, and she drew the rest. I just did some clean up for her.

Then we moved to Sydney's. Syd drew her design and once I started the cut, she took over. I was so amazed that she could cut some of these pieces out without help. I did have to finish the mouth for her as she had all these squiggles.

I sat there alternating between amazed that she was so grown up and sad that she was so grown up.

I'll post pictures of the pumpkins later.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I wonder how Jack will do tonight? He has baseball this evening until 7PM and we can't carve tomorrow, so I am thinking the same thing. I'll empty the pumpkins to have them ready for him. We'll see! He usually gets bored and moves on quickly!

Melanie said...

Pictures?