Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sydney update - edited

Sydney is getting along ok. We are working on figuring out the eating thing, the bathroom thing, and the sleeping thing.

I've bought some clothes that zip up the front so we can easily get them on her. I just need to work on cutting the sleeves off so we can get them on her.

I'm going to call the OT on Monday to see if I can figure out some adaptive silverware that we can use for meals. If anyone has suggestions - I'm open to them.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I'm still feeling a bit guilty that I didn't say "maybe we should x-ray both" originally. I thought it several times but never said anything.

She's occasionally going through the "I hate my casts" thing, but generally pretty well natured.




ETA: Sydney is pictured with her new Tinkerbell slippers. I told her the night before her second arm was cast that I was going to get her new slippers. She was going to have her IV in her foot and I didn't think she'd want shoes. I asked if she remembered the once she saw at the store. She told me they were blue, fuzzy, had no back, and Tinkerbell on them.

I looked at Walmart first and found slippers just as she described except with this bunny character on them and in adult sizes. So, I went to try the other store in town. I spent the drive praying that the slippers were there and more importantly that the store was still open as I couldn't remember if it was open until 9:00 or 10:00. I almost broke into tears when I found the slippers that were almost perfect at the store (that was still open) and I bought them. She admitted they weren't exactly what she saw, but loved them anyway.

By goodness if she was going through this twice, she was going to have something to make herself feel good.

2 comments:

Het said...

Oh my goodness. Poor Sydney!

I hope she is doing better soon and you keep your sanity.

You and your husband are both right - neither of you are bad parents!

Hugs to you guys and gentle hugs to Sydney!

Fantastagirl said...

Big hugs to Sydney!

I gave you an award!