Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend projects

Sarah and I have been working on sewing her Halloween costume. This is what we have accomplished so far. Originally we planned to enter it in the fair, but I'm thinking she might do better perfecting her ability to sew before we enter something. This also took some of the pressure off of us because I did sew in the zipper (something I'd never done before). Sarah was ready to stop for the night after the zipper, but I talked her into 4 more seams - which allowed her to sew the shoulders and arms. She reluctantly agreed, but was so thrilled when she was able to try on the costume! We just need to finish the neckline, arms, and bottom hem.



I realized that I had a high school letter in my basement. The colors work nicely. I'd rather had borrowed one of my sister JV letters as they are a little smaller and would have looked better, but it will still work. She really likes the idea.

I still need to sew the skirt before I leave Friday (I'm going to a scrap booking overnight), but she gave me permission to just sew the skirt without her. She did sew a lot of the trim herself!




When I finally finished sewing for the day, it was on to project number two. Sydney's teacher gave her a piece of paper, some orange paint, a black marker, and a paint brush so she could work on the project she would miss on Friday when she was having her second cast put on.

She made her pumpkin all by herself. She included the 'bump' at the bottom (the little dip) all by herself. She also proudly painted her drawn pumpkin 'kindergarten style - keeping in the lines.' After it dried, she painted on the face.



I'm so proud of both the girls!

No comments: