Friday, November 02, 2007

Potpourri

My week in review:

Last weekend we went Trick or Treating at the dorms. Every year the dorms sponsor a Safehouse - they decorate the halls with two paths - one for younger kids, and one that is pretty scary. We really enjoy going. The National Touring company of Peter Pan came to campus. Sydney, still wearing her Tinkerbell costume, and I went to see the show with some friends of ours. I loved the actor who played Tiger Lilly. Peter Pan didn't quite keep my interest (which made for a long evening).

Monday we finally managed carve our pumpkins. But, I already told you about that.

Wednesday was trick or treating. Unfortunately, DH's tooth was still bothering him from where he had a cavity filled the week before. He went to the dentist earlier in the day, but he was still tired for not sleeping well and feeling a bit sore. So, he drove while we walked to the close houses. We pretty much stuck to our street (I know everyone at least from the block party and almost no one T or T on our street so every house gives a few pieces of candy.

One house (with a couple I know vaguely) invited us to come in. As I did, I was thinking how odd it felt to just go in without thinking (they didn't know DH was in the car). We chatted with them for a bit about stuff and Sydney sang her favorite song for them. It felt so nice to live someplace where I could feel comfortable entering a house I didn't know well and feel safe.

Friday, a friend of Sydney's was hanging around here. Sydney and K have been playing together for several years. In this past year, they have really begun to play together as opposed to parallel. We got home from preschool and they immediate dashed off to Sydney's room to play. After an hour or so, I finally convinced them to break for lunch. Then, they headed outside for about an hour. I had so much fun watching them from the window as they created their various games. At one point, Syd came in and asked to take the umbrella outside. It seems the structure they had built needed a roof. I'm fairly certain they got the idea from Peter Pan (which they saw together) as when the Lost Boys built Wendy's house, they used an umbrella for the roof.

We need to dash and get a few things done this AM, so I'll save more thoughts for a later post.

This post is getting long, so I'll write about my class this week in another post.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

I love to watch Tink play with her little friend A - when the two of their minds start working, you never know what they will come up with.