Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cool finds

I dropped Sydney off at daycare today. She didn't want to go, and I really didn't want her to, but I HAVE to get things ready for Thursday and I can't do it while she is home. Plus, she will nap at school and she needs sleep.

Shortly before she went to bed last night, I wanted to give her some cough meds so she could sleep. I had a choice of the prescription stuff with codine or the tylenol w/ cough meds. I decided on the tylenol version and gave her a couple of puffs of arbuterol. We spent the next four hours with her awake and coughing up a storm. I decided to try another round of arbuterol when she was coughing non-stop.

Sydney sits up when she sees me walk into her room and notices that I have the inhaler and the extension tube.

"Not again!" she exclaims as she falls back into her pillow. (when did my 4 y.o. turn into a 16 y.o.?)

"Sydney, we need to see if it will help your cough."

"But, we already did that."

"We need to try again."

It helped some, but what helped the most was waiting the four hours and giving her a dose of the prescription meds.

So, yesterday, we headed to the video store so Sydney could rent some videos. There, on the shelf next to the kids videos was the Ocean's Thirteen, Twelve, Eleven - and best yet - the ORIGINAL Ocean's Eleven. I'm so thrilled and really enjoying watching it.

The other day, I was at walmart to buy coffee (the only one in town that sells the coffee I use) and there, on the shelf, was Dunkin Donuts coffee!

I need to get the house clean, the fridge scrubbed, the menu planned, the groceries bought all before I pick up Sydney.

I've not heard back today, but my MIL got through her surgery and was in her room, in pain and nauseous.

Oh yea, I need to order flowers for her too.

1 comment:

Spikey1 said...

Hi! Thanks for checking in on me. Im okay now. Just been a rough few months. Trying to get my mojo back to blog again but I cant seem to find it. I miss you guys. Cheers from the tundra.
M