Saturday, November 24, 2007

She's growing up . . . .

KID COUNT! If you ever read, It's Just the Coffee Talking you know that Meritt occasionally has kid counts on weekends or over the summer. I have my first Sat morning with a kid count.

Yep, kids - 1.

Sarah is at her first sleepover in a LONG time.

When she was about 2, I think she slept over at a friend's house (or did we just talk about it. . . . ), she also spent the night at a friends house the night Sydney was born when she was 3. Other than that, she has only slept at Grandma's house. Sarah informed me that sleeping at Grandma's doesn't count as sleeping away because it's at a relative's house.

Sydney helped Sarah pack. She gave Sarah a picture of her so she could kiss it goodnight, and her little flashlight so Sarah could find her way around the house at night if she had to get up. It was too cute.

Syd went with me to drop off Sarah at her friends. Earlier in the evening, Joe had offered to let Sydney sleep in Sarah's bed so she would not miss her so much.

The girls each have what we have nicknamed "mommy shirts." Before I went on travel this spring, I printed pictures of me and the girls on iron on transfer paper. These were ironed on to shirts that they could wear while I was gone so they would have me near them. Sydney wore hers to bed last night, but announced that "for tonight, this isn't my mommy shirt, it's my Sarah shirt."

Sarah must have done OK, as we didn't get a phone call last night.

1 comment:

Me said...

ROTFL... Guilty as charged. ALWAYS a "Kid Count" going on in this house. Blessedly, this morning I'm DOWN two kids! Imagine the shock!

Ok... only because I said "Noooooo" when asked if they could stay here last night and so they stayed 'there' instead.

I have this little tiny fear that there will be a fire or tornado or something and the emergency crews will ask how many people were in the home and did we all get out? And I'll sputter and say uh... 12? 14? 10? Let me think.... So I'm always doing kid counts!