Saturday, April 05, 2008

Why moms CAN get sick

(companion piece to the one below) I may make fun of my DHs tendency to be like his brethren, but he is also very sweet.

Last night, my dear friend Dr. Poultry called to see if there was any way I felt well enough to have her kids over tomorrow since they were having a tough time finding sitter and were in a bind.

Knowing how easy her kids are to take care of - I said sure, and DH agreed (even though he'd have to be on call to help).

DH helped clean up the house and even made sure I didn't overdo it, sending me to rest periodically.

Dr. P. packed a wonderful lunch for her children, and even sent extra jello for my kids (which they devoured and declared wonderful). I asked DH to put the kids lunch on plates for them so they could eat while Sydney took her rest. Each lunch item was labeled and I watched from the couch as he got them set up. I started to remind them to get spoons for the jello and oranges and he reminded me that he knew what to get (ok, he knows what to get for kids, not so great for adults! LOL).

He then reminded me that he took care of Sarah when I went on a girls weekend when she was two and took care of both girls while I went on travel twice last spring. I had to agree that the girls didn't look like they had starved while I was away.

He made sure K and A were set and their packages were opened, etc.

So, I may get frustrated sometimes when he doesn't anticipate my needs, but he is very good at taking care of anything for the house when I say that I'm not feeling well enough to do it. I just have to make sure he understands what I am asking.

No comments: