Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yesterday's post, cont'd

I have a few minutes to finish up my post from yesterday.

The other thing that DH was doing was offering to cover the difference in first prize between the fraternity and women's group for two years time if they would spend that time working to fix the prize disparity. I love that he is not saying "this is wrong, you should fix it," but instead is saying "this is wrong, let me help you while you fix it." I'm not sure what he decided to offer because I also pointed out that 2nd and 3rd prize are also different. He didn't think about that.

As a side note (which I just found a little interesting), the ranking for the divisions when you are choosing which group you are competing in, women's group is ranked 4th, but is 2nd in prize packages.

We had a busy day yesterday. Syd had t-ball practice which I took her, then we went to run errands while DH took Sarah for coach pitch practice. I really like the practice they had organized this year. The kids in each division spent 90 minutes, two times this week, at a coaches clinic. When they got their, they divided into small groups and rotated through six stations. The coaches were able to work on skills (hitting, throwing, catching, grounders, running bases, etc.) in small groups with more individualized attention than they can give on the field with an entire team and two coaches.

The dining room is moving along. I have to paint the doors and drawers (all but one is primed), paint the trim (not too hard as it's already the color, I'm just touching up), paint the spot in the ceiling that is green, paint the trim in the entryway (same color retouch), and paint the ceiling in the entryway. Then post pictures! We have snow on the ground - more light dusting but I think we are suppose to get more snow today. ARGGGGG.

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.

I don't know whose quote it is, but it is something that one of my teachers would say when we would complain about something not going our way, or something not being fair. I hope that they can find a way to make it equal.

Me said...

You did inspire a little... darn you! I painted the main floor bathroom yesterday and most of the entryway.

Now... how do I paint the 2nd story - 20 feet up in the air without a tall ladder, scaffolding or paying someone else to do it? LOL. You can tell where I had to stop due to height constraints!