Saturday, January 05, 2008

Various things

* I didn't end up getting DH a card. Some years he remembers, some years he forgets. I wanted to find the poem to make one, but I couldn't find it online and I didn't get back to the store. Ran out of time to make one, etc. So, last night he arrived with a card to me. It was just a wonderful card - celebrating 25 years of marriage. (we are currently at 11 so it was so cute.) I did show him my post from today (he doesn't read my blog) as a offering of how much the day meant to me.

* I decided for some really strange reason to try on my wedding dress yesterday. Not sure why. I'm about 3 lbs too heavy for it, 7 for wedding day weight - but with my wedding day foundation wear, it would fit. DH rolled his eyes when I told him about this. It wasn't all bad that I pulled the box out, I learned that the desiccant pack needed to be recharged and so I did that last night. I'll pull the box back out today to replace the desiccant and show the girls.

* At dinner many times, DH will start to mouth the words for the song 'Tomorrow' when I say the word. The other night I was avoiding saying the word. So, Sydney looked at me and said "mommy, do I have school the day after today." I quickly realized what she was trying to do and answered in a way that avoided the word 'tomorrow.' After Sydney asked several questions in a way that the answer 'tomorrow' would be correct, I finally looked at Sydney and said "Sydney, are you trying to say the word?" She got this great grin on her face and confirmed that yes, she was trying to trick me into saying the word. She is just too silly.

* Today, Sarah asked if they could decorate their bedrooms so they would look like a princess room. I asked what this would entail. Sarah wanted Ribbon around her room and Sydney wanted Princess Pictures put up in her room. Silly girls.

* DH is about 1/2 done painting Sydney's bed. Unfortunately his paint gun doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden. He is not sure what is wrong. I hope he figures it out because I hate seeing him so frustrated and Sydney has been so patient waiting for her bed. He finished building it this summer but hadn't had time to paint it.

1 comment:

Me said...

Oh my goodness, I just laughed when I read about the 25 year old and the "tomorrow" story.

For a princess room a GREAT idea is one of the netting/flower things that hangs from the ceiling. I made one for my youngest a few years ago that cost me about $6 after I priced them in magazines for up to $80!

I may have to blog about that on my Budget Barbie blog!!!! Thanks for the idea! LOL.