Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow Day

This morning, I woke up a little bit early so I could start the beef stew in the crockpot.

I turned on the TV to see if schools were closed. I watched as every school in a 150 mile radius scrolled by. I waited and waited - and yup - eventually our school hit the screen too. For reasons I couldn't explain, I decided to wait to see if the university was closed too. To my amazement, it was.

So, I walked into Sarah's room and told her to go back to sleep because school was close. I walked into our bedroom and told DH to go back to sleep because school was closed. Then, I managed to sleep in until 9:30!!

It was so needed because I had been up until 2:00 am working on Sarah's birthday party invitation and reading a story so I could tell her what was going to happen. I'll post the invitation another day - it's pretty cute.

Today, DH and I chose new lights for the dining room and front entry way. We just need to chose a new bedroom fan and bedside light for Sydney's room and we are done. I need to order them now.

Today, I did have to drive out in blizzard conditions to take Syd to a new ENT. She had been having some bloody noses and I needed to have it checked out since they started after her surgery last May. I didn't want to go to her original ENT - Mr. everything is related to allergies. I liked him. He said her bloody noses are probably just due to healing after her surgery and if she gets anymore, he'll work on fixing it, but thinks it may be almost healed.

He also didn't think her cough last year was related to peanut allergy and thought she'd be OK having some again. Sydney was very happy when she was able to have a PB&J for lunch. We are going to ease her into it, but when her cough started this spring and was managed with asthma meds (the same way mine are), I really started to doubt the original dianosis.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think I would love to have a snow day once in a while!

Got your card today! =)

Fantastagirl said...

Snow days are always fun when everyone is able to stay home!