Sunday, June 08, 2008

kid count

Today, while Syd and I were at a birthday party, Sarah was playing at a friends house. I got there to pick her up about 10 minutes too late.

It seems that 10 minutes earlier, Sarah and her friends E and S decided that they should have a sleep over at E's apartment. This included a trip to the bowling alley for dinner and to play video games . . . part of me wanted to tell Sarah "no," after all I finally got her settled back down after the dance recital week.

But, I'm weak. I decided that with my schedule and hers this week, It would be ok.

Unfortunately, I got a call at 9:40 from Sarah telling me that her ear and throat hurt and could I bring her some medicine. I brought her the meds and tried to decide if she was getting sick or just having allergies. I gave her some meds and forced her to sit with me for a while so I could hear if she was stuffy. I also thought that she might unwind some and go to sleep faster.

Her eyes were a little red and puffy, but she didn't sound stuffy at all and her voice was a little rattly, but that could just be from not drinking enough (which she had not).

So, I left her at the sleepover. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

1 comment:

Me said...

I've been there... so many times I want to say 'no' because it would be easier, but if there is no good reason to say 'no' then I say 'yes'.

But my kids have always loved and respected me for it. Really. Now that they are older they've made comments about it. They know I'm the strict disciplinarian of the family but they also know that I will let them do things if there isn't a good reason 'not' to. LOL.

It's a learning experience! Glad you let her go. :)