Wednesday, June 25, 2008

And I actually had a camera with me

This has been a bad week. I'm tired, I'm stressed, I'm frustrated. The house is a mess and I don't have the energy to clean it. In fact, as soon as I post this I'm going to sleep.

Last night, the girls were waking a bit and at times I couldn't get back to sleep as my brain engaged. At one point I wished I could have rolled over and turned on the light like my friend Merrit does, but instead I popped on the wireless headphones and listened to Murphy Brown while I tried to stop thinking.

Tonight was Sydney's last t-ball game and Sarah's first playoff game in the loser bracket as they lost the opening game Monday (but that is a rant for a different day - I'm almost calm enough to write about it). So, I was sticking around Sarah's game tonight to see how things would go. There was a rain storm rolling in and we could hear rumbles of thunder. All of a sudden, we saw a large crack of lightning immediately followed by a LOUD crack of thunder and all kids were pulled from the field. The parents and kids stood around a bit while the coaches chatted. And then the rain came. It wasn't just rain, it was down pour as we all ran to cars. It was a short and intense rain. The girls ended up with DH because his car was closer which left me driving alone.

All of a sudden, I looked up and saw a rainbow through the rain. I pulled into a parking lot and took some pictures. Then I drove on to see if I could find a shot that didn't include the telephone wire through it. It was almost gone, but there, so I took it too. Then I kept on driving and low and behold, down along the lake was a full end to end rainbow. I couldn't fit it in either of my lenses, but it should be pretty nice.

It's regular 35 mm film because my digital doesn't take action shots so I can't see what I got until I have it developed, but I think I might have some fun pics.

Maybe it's the sign I need that my decisions earlier this week are the right ones. All I can say is that I've never had camera and rainbow occur at the same time.

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

I love rainbows, it's been so long since I've seen one. I hope that it's a sign of good things to come for you!

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see the photos! I'm hoping that moment helped to release some of your stress.