Tuesday, October 24, 2006

OH, an adult evening!!

Last night we had a guest speaker. It was a journalist who research topic is on First Amendment and Religion. His research topic (he is on faculty at a few schools in the DC area) is related to my class. I ended up chatting with him at the end and he said "Hey, we're going out for a drink, why don't you join us."

I had a question for him about my class and how to handle a topic. Well, it took me until the very end, after everyone else had pretty much left before I was able to ask my question, but I was able to get some ideas, some thoughts, and his email address so he can put me in touch with someone else.

Amazingly, when I mentioned to him that my class was looking at religious, political, and business cultures - he suggested a book called "Applebee's America" that combines all three into one topic.

I can't wait to start ordering books - I love being on faculty and getting desk copies to review!!
So, I got home late and I'm so very tired, but I had a lot of fun.

Kirsten

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I just realized something about your name. And I am really stupid. LOL. They should not let me become a doctor..

Danielle said...

RYC: I have been "calling" you KRISTIN not KIRSTIN this whole time. A terrible blogger friend!!!