Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday Six - BOO!

"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6) and Sydney (3) the questions.

1. When is Halloween?

SK: I don't want to tell you any quesitons.

SB: October 31.

2. What do we do on Halloween?

SK: (mumbles - i don't want to . . . ) Get Candy

SB: We carve Jack-O-Lanturns

3. Why do we celebrate Halloween?

SK: I don't want to tell you anything about Halloween

SB: I don't know.

4. What happens on Halloween?

SK: I don't want to tell you anything.

SB: We get candy.

5. Why do we wear costumes?

SK: I don't want to tell you anything.

SB: I don't know.


6. What do you get on Halloween?

SK: I don't want to tell you anything.

SB: CANDY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night, we took the girls trick or treating at the dorms. The residents set up two paths - one that is not so scary for 0-7 y.o. kids, and one that is scarier. You have guides to help you make sure you don't get mixed up.

Each of the hallways (that have chosen to participate) set up a scene and have candy to give the kids. The girls really enjoy this. My favorite was the hall that had a Scooby Doo mystery with scooby clues. They also set up a little game area with a bunch of coins buried in newspaper. Kids had to find 4 coins to trade for their candy. They also had a matching game and a bean bag toss.

Here are a few pictures. We also carved pumpkins yesterday. The girls drew their designs on paper and I transferred them to the pumkins. I'll post those pictures tomorrow.

OK, check later for pictures of my cars. Blogger won't let me post pictures.

2 comments:

MommyOutOfControl said...

LOL at Sydney...too cute. She wasn't going to play for anything! We played too.
Jamie

Kelly said...

How cool is that dorm trick or treating! What, no beers for the parents? LOL

Clearly, Sydney did not want to play! Sarah is so matter of fact! LOL

Happy Sunday - we played this week!