Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday Six - Happy Birthday Jenelle

Today is Oct 22 - National Nut Day.

It's also my dear sweet friend Jenelle's birthday - Kelly's daughter. I remember when Jenelle was born. She is such a special little girl, she suffers from a severe form of epilepsy. Clicking her link will take you to a blog about her journey. She is doing so much better than she was just two years ago. I even had the honor of listening to her chatters and giggles while I was on the phone with Kelly one day.

Are you interested in knowing what strange holiday is on your birhtday? Check this link: http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/INDEX.HTM If you check it out, leave me a comment letting me know what American Holiday your birthday falls on.


"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know so we can visit you. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6) and Sydney (3) the questions.

1. How do we celebrate birthdays?

SK: I want Sarah to say.
SB: We go to a place that we have our birthday and we get lots of presents (humm, I might be treating them too well).

2. Do you know anyone having a birthday today?

SK: No, it’s not me.
SB: Jenelle

3. Why do we celebrate birthdays?

SK: Because they are fun.
SB: Because they are fun.

4. What happens at a birthday party?

SK: I don’t know. Let’s do the next question.
SB: We get lots of presents.

5. When is your birthday?

SK: Mommy, you say it (January 15)
SB : January 8th

6. What do you do on your birthday?

SK: Put candles on the cake.
SB: Get vsmile game presents (presents from last birthday)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet.

My birthday, 20 Feb, is Hoodie-Hoo day.

This holiday is celebrated in an interesting way. At high noon everyone yells "Hoodie-Hoo" to chase away winter and make way for spring.

MommyOutOfControl said...

Love their answers! My birthday (Oct. 29) is National Hermit Day!

Sarah and Matthew share the same birthday!

We played despite Matthew being sick today!

Jamie

Fantastagirl said...

Love their answers! My Birthday (March 25) is national pecan and waffle day. (Maybe that's why I love waffles!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Spikey1 said...

October 8th=American Tag Day???

Sorry, we wont be playing this week or maybe for a while.. my life is upside down!

Take care.

KC said...

my birthday is Nov 9- Chaos never dies day. OMG Chaos is my life.. LOL. I can't get over just how fitting this is.. Tomorrow I'm going to have to blog about this it's way to funny but seeing how it is almost midnight I won't do that tonight :)
Love there answers BTW. Ours are up and ready to view.