Thursday, May 18, 2006

Definitely over my head

Tomorrow is the dance recital. Today, I still only know part of the dance. I knew this was going to happen. I knew that I would get most of the way but not all with this dance. I started learning it too late.

I was a bit frustrated that our instructor chose a number that was a bit of a stretch for me for the amount of time I had to learn it. I was the only person who didn't know a good portion of it 5 weeks ago. But, she is a good friend of mine and she knew I'd be a trooper.

So, I'm going to fake my way through knowing it.

I'll run steps about a hundred times back stage in hopes that I can beat it into my brain. I'll smile, I'll keep moving and I'll be a little frustrated that it's more than I can do.

The steps aren't all hard - although there are two steps that I truly can't do, but they are just beyond me. For the last two years, my dances have not been challenging. The first year, it was at my level, the second year I could have handled more. This dance is really where I have evolved to - if only I had time on my side.

So, wish me luck!

No comments: