Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday Six - to honor Mothers.


"Sunday Six!" is a game where Kelly asks us to have six questions answered. Remember, the idea is to post answers to the following six question, but the trick is to get your kids to answer them! If you don't have kids, use your imagination... Your pet, your neighbor, your elderly family member, your roommate, etc. Did you play? Let me and Kelly know. Today I was able to ask Sarah (SB - age 6 yrs) and Sydney (SK - age 3 yrs) the Sunday 6. I asked Sydney first so she was not influenced by her big sister's answers. Here they are:

1. What is a Mommy?

SK: You (points at me)

SB: You, Y-o-u, you.

2. What do Mommies do?

SK: Clean up the house.

SB: They take care of little girls

3. What do you like best about your Mommy?

SK:Giving hugs (to sister and mommy and daddy)

SB: She reads me stories.

4. What do you not like (if anything) about your Mommy?

SK: No.

SB: She yells at me sometimes (she was very emphatic about the sometimes part).

5. What are things that Mommies can't do?

SK: Nothing - but you can cut.

SB: They can't lay on anyone.

6. What did you do for your mommy for Mother's Day?

SK: Bring a camera to her.

SB: I gave her a baby shoe.


Sarah's teacher had us send in an old shoe. They covered them in glue, and spay painted them gold. It's very cute. I've saved very few cloths for the kids. It was very hard to part with a shoe, but it's sooooo cute.

DH surprised me by buying a Canon Powershot A540. Now, if you read earlier this week, you know that DH told me he was buying me a digital camera. But, I didn't expect this much of a camera!

As much as I love these presents, my favorite was the card with a different thing that Sarah loves about me on each petal.

I hope you all had a happy Mother's day (even if you are just celebrating that it's Sunday.)

2 comments:

Kami said...

You can't lay on anyone, huh?

Fantastagirl said...

I like your gift - the baby shoe sounds like a great idea.

Great answers!