Thursday, May 25, 2006

Really - I'm here

I've had an off week. I don't know why because nothing is really wrong. I think I'm suffering of fear of the unknown. I had an appointment with my physical therapist on Friday. He thinks the steroid shot in my ankle didn't work. He thinks I'll need an MRI (I hope they've improved in the past 15 years). I fear that what I've believed all along is that I tore something.

I fear that if I did tear something, they will want to operate. After all, it's been 6 mos since I sprained it and nothing (physical therapy and brace) have fully fixed it. It's better - even in the past month - but not fixed.

The last time I went in for surgery in a hospital, I almost died (I survived having my wisdom teeth pulled). I realized that the probability of something going catastrophically wrong is minimal, but emotionally it's a PTSD issue.

I see the Orthopeadic Surgeon on June 5th.

But, I did manage to write my first Harry Potter drabble. It's just over 600 words and it's about the activities at the first day of Hogwarts before the train arrives. I've never written fiction before, so I'm pretty impressed. I'll post it after I've seen a few reviews.

So, I've not posted a lot - I've read, I've written, and I've tried to unbury my desk. I'll try to be around more.

No comments: