Friday, August 03, 2007

Update on the car rental

And the dollars keep racking up. I'm beyond frustrated.

The Avis in Green Bay finally agreed to our local Avis certify that the car was ok. I guess they are afraid that I will claim that I had an issue with the car after the fact. *shrugs*

So, I drive up to our airport to discover that the Avis closed on June 1st. So, my options now are 1) drive to the next closest Avis, 2 hours away, 2) drive to Green Bay, or 3) pay for a Avis employee to drive up from Green Bay to look at the car. These three options allow an Avis person to look at the car. Option 4 is to pay the $41 for the next few days until my car is fixed.

For some reason, there is no other human they trust to look at the car and as far up the chain in this organization I go, I'm informed the decision will stay the same. Well, it's Friday, I'll pay another $80 before Monday unless I take the 4 hour trip to have the contract revised.

I did talk to Avis Customer Service and they said that they don't need to see the car, but I need to sign the contract in person. I've not called back.

I'm beyond frustrated between the car repair place who didn't fix my car they way I told them I wanted (I wanted just the mechanics fixed and not the cosmetic work which I was going to have fixed here so I didn't have to pay the rental any longer than necessary. I told this to the guy at the collision place who told me today "well, USAA didn't say to only fix part. They didn't tell me they needed USAA to tell them this! I'm pissed at him too but I can't say anything until I pick up the car) - to Avis who can't let a non-Avis employee certify the car (I offered a notary, who can't lie) and I'm willing to offer up the Chief of Police and a friend who is a State Police Officer.

My car was suppose to be fixed today, but blah blah blah.delay, parts, etc. I may try Avis corporate again. . . . I HATE LIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF ****ING NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying not to cry with frustration.

No comments: