Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And to think I was excited to open the box

The other day, I ordered a walking foot (aka even feed foot) for my sewing machine. I need this to finish the window shade a friend was teasing me that I would never finish. It will also help with quilting.

I have a cirica 1970s Kenmore 158.17501 that my Grandmother bought years ago and gave me!So, today my box arrived - giving me plenty of time to figure out my new attachment before the Labor Day Weekend sewfest! (and syllabus creating fest!!)

I open my box to find a foot control pedal. Obviously the guy looked at the list of parts for my model and chose this to be a walking foot! It seems that Sears Parts can only search for parts by model number of the product and part number. So, if I'm looking for an Even Feed foot, they can't search by words.

So, it seems that they make a different version of the High Bar Walking Foot I already have, but no longer make the low bar.

I think I'm dooomed!! (I'll try the local sewing stores, if not, I've found something online.)

I did convince Sears that *they* should pay for the return shipping on my part since it wasn't close to what I described.

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

I'm glad to hear that sears is at least paying the return shipping. I have no clue about sewing with machines, so I have no helpful hints...sorry.

Melanie said...

Did you ask Mom is she had one? Or send her out to look for one for you - she loves to shop you know :)