Tuesday, August 14, 2007

For once I'm ahead of schedule

Today I went to the Physical Therapy. My therapist, told me that I'm ahead of schedule for recovery. He told me that I'm doing really well and he wants me to continue to work in the pool (2 times a week now) and the rest of my exercises and to come back in two weeks. There isn't anything else he can give me to do until I get a bit stronger - and the best place for me to do the exercises that will get me stronger is in the pool.

So, I now have to do the following:

exercises for my hips
walk forward and back
walk side to side
step up, step down
pick up marbles with my toes
move my foot like a clock
push my foot out and in using a resistance band

Then there are the exercises in the pool.

So, my walking without my brace is going really well. My therapist was really, really impressed with my gait.

Now to catch up with the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Yeah YOU!

That is awesome - keep up the great work!