Sunday, August 05, 2007

General update on us part 2

It's been almost 7 weeks since my surgery. I'm starting to walk a bit better and this morning I could almost see the bottom of my foot.

I started physical therapy this week. I will be going twice a week and once a week I will do exercises in the pool. I also have daily exercises to do at home for my ankle and my hips.

So, here is my ankle two weeks ago:
And my ankle today:
Tuesday I moved from the walking boot to a brace with TWO SHOES!! I'm so excited about this. I am starting to get some mobility, although my left to right range of motion is very small. Yesterday I went to a party and I accidentally left my crutch at home. I was a bit sore this morning as I'm not used to walking long without support, but I did it! I'm taking it easy today though.
I can't believe how far I've come in just six and a half weeks. I still have 4-6 mos of recovery time, but something about wearing two shoes has made it so much easier to handle.

1 comment:

Fantastagirl said...

Yea for you! Take it easy - you don't want to over do it!