Friday, August 03, 2007

A national company, except when its not

Ten days ago, I needed to rent a car while I left mine in a city 4 hours to be repaired. We were able to rent the last vehicle in the city, but not from a rental company that did business in the city I live in.

Oh, our city does have an Avis rental car, but the Avis four hours away didn't honor contracts etc with the Avis in my town.

I've been able to learn that my insurance company does cover a rental car in the even of an accident, so I don't need the rental coverage on the car - which is more than doubling the rental price of the car.

So, how easy is it for me to have the insurance removed? I have to drive four hours away so they can see that the car is still in the condition they rented it to me before they can change the contract.

Now, there is an Avis counter a TEN MINUTE drive from me, but they can't certify that the car is in good condition because they don't do business with the Avis four hours south of me.

I'm wondering in what way this is a national company if they can't trust each others word?My car was suppose to be fixed today. They are now saying middle of next week. So, its going to cost me $45 per day for an additional 5 days because they can't get my car fixed AND I can't change my contract without driving 8 hours round trip to fix it.

I really want to understand the logic of this.

No comments: