Friday, February 10, 2006

What do you do with 200 inches of snow?

Blogger has finally allowed me to post pictures. Not sure why it was being so tempramental, but at least it decided to cooperate.

These statues took one month to build. This was in addition to all other activities and school demands. The men and women who created these are regular students, not trained sculpters. It just amazes me.

This is the statue that won the fraternity competition. It really is amazing, just not my favorite in concept.




Here is the detail. I love the elephant fountain




Here is my favorite of the Women's organizations. It also won.



Here is the detail. If you look closely at the right side of the screen, you can see the "glass" test tubes.



This one is my favorite. It's based on the Grinch who stole Christmas.



Here is the detail on my favorite. I love the star on the top of the tree and the "glass" in the windows"



I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Check back tomorrow to find out the once in a lifetime activity I did yesterday.

1 comment:

Spikey1 said...

I will be back!