Monday, February 06, 2006

What a Sunday

My love affair with the Pittsburgh Steelers started in 7th grade math. The two big teams were the Steelers and the Cowboys. Being in DC, you also had lots of Redskins fans. Not surprising, my love of the Steelers also had something to do with a very cute boy named Gary Yatty wearing a Steelers letterman jacket who sat across from me. I still remember his name, although I doubt he remembers me.

While I have no idea where he is, I do love the Steelers. Yesterday's game wasn't pretty, but it was a win. I love the Bus. He is an amazing ambassador for the sport. The Steelers organization has shown so much class keeping Bill Cowher when the team had rough patches. So unlike most teams.

Yesterday afternoon, we also had my 3 and 6 year olds birthday party. It was the first time Sarah (my 6 y.o.) was inviting kids who I barely knew and had never met the parents. She is in Kindergarten now, so drop off is not quite as intimate as it was in preschool or daycare.

Everyone had a blast. We had a pool party at a new hotel in town. They actually have a baby pool. I really wish we could just pay a small fee and swim there one morning. Seems strange to pay an overnight to stay in town, but maybe we need that too!

Unfortunately, Sarah got sick just as the game was starting. She's better today and ready for school.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but having a successful birthday party and a successful Super Bowl just made for a good day.

Now, I guess I have to crank it up tonight as I have almost NOTHING ready for class for tomorrow. Lots of grading to do.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Spikey1 said...

Yes it was an ugly game but happy the Steelers took it! Glad things went well with the birthdays!