Friday, April 07, 2006

Off Autopilot

This week for Stuff Portrait Friday, Kristine's decided to make us "think and work" for it this week. This week's assignment involves using our digital cameras in a "new" way as follows:

1. Point and Shoot Close Up (Macro - i.e. don't use auto).
2. No Flash.
3. A new Angle (or new perspective - you pick!)

Now, I don't have a digital camera - hence the reason I don't tend to play. But, I decided to interpret this to include my normal, unprogrammable camera. I will admit, these were taken in the mid 80s.

1. Point and Shoot Close Up:



This is from a trip to the Botanical Gardens in Washington DC the Christmas I received may camera - a Pentax K1000 (I still use this).


2. No Flash.



For many years, I never used a flash on my camera. This is a outdoor shot, but one of my favorites from my years of taking football pics at our college games. My senior year, I could not afford film, so I worked out a deal with 2 football players - one offense, one defense. They bought my film, paid developing, they got a copy, I kept the negatives. Unfortunately, I didn't learn until after the yearbook had been published that they didn't understand what it meant that *I* owned the negatives. I should have made a deal about it.

3. A new Angle (or new perspective - you pick!)



This is a building in Boston. I loved how the buildings behind me reflected in some, but not all, of the windows.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You totally need a digital camera! LOL Mine is sorta broken, and to take it in I'll be without for 8 weeks! UGH!

Love that last photo!

Kami said...

Great, great photos!!

Try to get a digi cam (says the girl who switched over only last summer)!!

Anonymous said...

You must have a digital camera. You can get great shots with some of the smaller ones too (meaning you don't have to buy the $1000+ models just to get a great shot). I love my little camera. That rant aside, I love the photo of the building reflecting in the other's windows. Very nice.
I played too!

Unknown said...

LOVE the shot of the building! Boston is such a fun city!

Lee said...

nice to see scans of hard copy 35mm shots :) the good old days!

Book Bums said...

I'm jealous...I've never been to Boston!

Great SPF!