Saturday, April 01, 2006

Missing exercise

In November, I slipped on wet leaves and sprained my ankle. I got what was called a "high ankle sprain" which means that I not only sprained around my ankle bone, but also in the area on the side of my leg.

I'm still in physical therapy for my ankle. I'm still wearing a brace, and I still don't have full strength in my ankle. Yesterday, my PT decided to test how I'm doing to see if it's time to add impact exercises. Based on most of the tests, we discovered that I'm about 2/3 the strength of my good leg. So, I keep exercising on my own and go back in 3 weeks to re-evaluate.

I am getting frustrated by the speed at which my body wants to heal. I am trying to lose weight, which is impossible to do when you are limited in your mobility and relying predominately on food intake.

Hopefully I'll get better results in 3 weeks and can start impact exercises. Until then, I'll keep doing my toe raises (and my pilates).

No comments: