Friday, April 07, 2006

Oi my ankle

Last night, I decided to extend my ankle beyond it's comfort zone. I went to tap lessons.

In Fall of 2003, when Sydney was almost 9 mos old, I decided I needed something just for me. Sarah was starting dance lessons that fall. I discovered the studio had adult tap lessons. I convinced Joe to let me sign up. After all, the lessons were at 9:00 and the kids would be more or less settled for the night.

I became good friends with the dance teacher and one of the other moms in the class. In fact, Amanda is one of my closest friends and mentors today (she teaches the same class I do).

So, I have taken 2 years of tap lessons and was looking forward to another year when my ankle injury has sidelined me for most of the year.

So, while I can't dance like this yet,



I was able to keep up. Next week we start choreographing our dance number for recital. It will be my 3rd recital as an adult (and one as a kid).

Pain level today - not as bad as it could be, but my PT would not be impressed with me for dancing last night!

Check back later, I'm going to try Kristine's challenge if I can get my pics to the scanner.

1 comment:

Spikey1 said...

Please... you don't know about sore ankles! ;P