Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I hate it when a plan falls apart

I remember my life sans kids - actually it was sans spouse too. I used to get up three mornings a week at 5:30 and would be in the pool swimming by 6:00 am. I would run at lunch every day (the gym was on the first floor of my office) and I would do aerobics after work. I loved my life as a gym rat. But, exercise had a goal as I would do sprint triathalons.

Today, I tried to get up at 6:00 to spend 1/2 hour exercising before I had to take my shower. The girls have to be woken up at 7:00 so they can get ready. If I want to get in any exercise, it has to be before they wake up.

So, the first one woke up at 5:55, the second at 6:05. It took me until 6:20 to finish getting drinks and breakfast for the girls so I could start to exercise. I did manage my exercise, but it was with an audience.

Unfortunately, DH is going to have tired girls tonight while I teach class. Not a good mix.

2 comments:

Spikey1 said...

Im a morning person but NOT for running for some reason. Love to burn off the stress after work.

Kelly said...

Ah, life before kids! I can't even remember it!