Friday, March 03, 2006

My favorite sweatshirt

Today, I was getting dressed for a very casual day - meaning a sweatshirt. I have many sweatshirts. They tell the story of where I have worked or gone to school. Each one tells a story of my life. I must admit, I have a hard time letting go of the ones that are my favorites.

But, like my kids, I have a hard time choosing my favorites.

I suppose with my attachment to my sweatshirt, I should not be surprised that my daughter is attached to her socks. I discovered last night that she was wearing a pair of socks with her toes hanging out of both pairs. Granted she was way overthrew when we had this conversation, but as I told her that she needed to throw her socks away, she was traumatized. This morning she tried to wear socks that had a hole in the heel.

Today we are having the kids Olympics at Sarah's school. One of the events is to speed skate (stick with me, I might have a point). For this, the kids are going to skate with on the gym floor with their socks. Sarah was making sure she wore socks that didn't have nibby things on the bottom. I was talking to her teacher this morning and found out that yesterday her teacher was telling everyone to wear nibby-free socks at school for today. Imagine my shock when I discovered that Sarah, in an attempt to show her classmates what nibby things they didn't want to wear, she took off her shoes (exposing her toes) during class.

I'm not sure I have much of a point today, but I've been thinking about attachment to things and my horror of looking like a bad mom now that my child is dressing herself.

Oh, and if I had a digital camera, I'd show you my Canadian maple leaf birth mark.

1 comment:

Spikey1 said...

Exactly why I dont throw away my underwear! Hey, I did not know you were Canadian! ;P