Saturday, March 18, 2006

This little piggy had roast beef

It's approaching sandal weather. I've always hated my toes. My baby toe has no nail to speak of, so it looks funny polished.

My youngest child has a toe that wants to hide behind the other. I don't' know the proper name, so I've identified it as the toe that wants Roast Beef. It tries to hide behind the toe that stays home. According to Sydney's doctor, it's hereditary. I've never seen it on anyone in my family, so I'm guessing it's from Joe's (although his mom doesn't know of anyone). I will admit, I've never inspected my family's toes.

But, after causing me to birth really big babies (Sarah was 8 lbs 5 oz and Sydney was 9 lbs 4 oz), I blame any imperfection on my husband's family. My family has small babies (all in the 7 lbs range). DH and his siblings were all 8 and 9 lbs. So, I know where those genetics come from.

I just hope that Syndey doesn't hate her unique toes as she grows older. I will admit, I rarely wear sandals because I have never made peace with my toes.

No comments: