Thursday, March 23, 2006

My lovely front yard - edited!

Just wanted to share how my yard looks on March 23.



Sarah did well at the dentist. Because of the location of the cavity, they could use this special tool to vibrate the area to clean it out instead of drilling - i.e., no novicane shot! Plus, they have a TV in the room so she could watch CBC.

It is very hard dealing with Sarah sometimes because she is both a very sensitive kid and one who is very uncertain. If she isn't sure the outcome of something, she worries until it's over. She also falls into baby talk when she is scared. We have been working on her at home about the baby talk. We allow her to be sad, scared and uncertain, but we don't allow the baby talk. One of her friends and another kid in child care hurt her feelings this morning when they were calling her a baby. I tried to gently tell her that when she is feeling scared, she sometimes falls back on baby talk and that she needs to make sure she is using her normal voice and sentences to express herself.

It's tough being parents.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Well, I guess you don't need my email! :) Glad it went OK. Where's the 70s photo, huh?

Unknown said...

I shall be sharing similar pics tomorrow but I use a lot worse language.

What is it with spring this year? It's almost April...I need a good cry.

Spikey1 said...

Snow and CBC??? Are you sure you dont live in Canada!?